Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I need to relax

Idál (Justice), 8 Asma (Names), 165 B.E. – Wednesday, August 27, 2008 about 5:32 PM Pacific Time

I need to relax. I need to take a one-day vacation and get away from everything. Unfortunately, that is not possible in the foreseeable future. Therefore, I will do the next best thing, I will put a long lasting light bulb in the light on my patio, fix myself an ice tea and sit on the patio, with my prayer book and journal.

I would like to go to one of the parks, but both the parks near to my house are closed at present. I have to drive across town to get to a park, which means planning more then just an hour. The closest park to the house is about an hour away. I have no intention of staying in the park for only an hour, when it takes me an hour to get there and an hour to get back home.

Maybe I can think of some other creative way to take a short vacation without getting out of Las Vegas. I will have to say some prayers about that. Writing usually helps me relax, but lately it seems the only writing I have done is my blogs, gratitude journal, and personal journal. Perhaps a new approach is called for.

I set my writing goals on a solar day, which is from sunset of one day to sunset of the next. Part of my writing goals is the amount of words I write in goal period. Perhaps, instead of doing a word count for each item as it is completed, I need to wait until the end of the goal period to do the word counts. Maybe, I am just being too obsessive about the word counts. At least it would be a different approach and get me out of my comfort zone.

Perhaps the vacation I need is to get out of my comfort zone. Do something different, something out of the ordinary. The one thing I am certain about, is that I need to relax and find a creative and inexpensive way to do it

No comments: