Thursday, August 14, 2008

I Finally Watched some of the Olympic Events today

Istijlál (Majesty), 14 Kamal (Perfection), 165 B.E. – Thursday, August 14, 2008 about 12:54 PM PDT

I finally sit down to watch some of the Olympic events today. Four years ago you could not keep me away from the T.V. when they were on, but this year I have not been interested. I am not sure why. Perhaps it's because I am more involved in other things such as writing. In addition, it could be that I am just not that interested in the summer Olympics any more.

I am looking forward to the winter Olympics, I like the ice dancing and down hill skiing events in winter. The only summer events I might be interested in is the gymnastics, but even that does not seem to interest me all that much this year. I suppose I should explore why I am not interested in the summer Olympics that sounds like a good topic for an entry in Writing My Spiritual Journey journal.

Until I watched the swimmers today, I never realized just how boring swimming can be. I do not remember it being that boring four years ago. What has changed? I know I have changed in the past four years. I am becoming more aware of what makes me happy and what is important in my life. In addition, I am more aware other cultures then I was four years ago. Maybe that is why I am just not interested in the events themselves; I would rather see how the individual citizens of a country live, then an event focusing on one particular althalete or sport.

The reason I am not interested in the Summer Olympics probably has more to do with my transformation then anything else.

No comments: