Friday, August 01, 2008

My washing machine sounds like a helicopter

Istiqlál (Independence), 1 Kamal (Perfection), 165 B.E. – Friday, August 1, 2008 about 7:54 AM PDT

My washing machine sounds like a helicopter in the spin cycles. The machine is unbalanced and moves when in the spin cycle, so I think that may have something to do with the noise it makes. I have noticed the sound before, but until today I couldn't place the resemblance.

I know it is the washing machine making that noise, because I looked out my window and did not see a helicopter landing in my yard. I don't know what I would do if a helicopter landed in my yard. However, that does sound like a good beginning to a short story and I need to come up with a short story plot in Kamal.

One of my goals is to write a short story every nineteen days. So far I have completed and submitted one short story. That was to a contest on writing.com, which ended on July 30 or 31. I won't know until August 15 where I placed in the contest. However, I still need to complete about six more short stories. Two of the short stories just need more added to them. The ideas for those two came from another contest.

No comments: