Sunday, August 10, 2008

I Miss my Grandmother

Jamál (Beauty), 10 Kamal (Perfection), 165 B.E. – Sunday, August 10, 2008 about 7:55 AM PDT
I miss Grandma Newland. I realized last night while watching The Lawrence Welk Show how much I have been missing her lately. Grandma always like watching the Lawrence Welk show, we would sit on the couch in her living room and watch. During the show we always had something to drink and perhaps a snack.

We watched The Lawrence Welk Show
with my Grandparents
in their living room.

It's wonderful that the show is still on. In Las Vegas, it comes on PBS every Saturday night at 6:00 PM. Mom and I still keep the ritual started by my grandmother. Last night Mom and I had grape juice, but when I watched with Grandma we usually had soda or hot chocolate to drink depending on the season of the year.

I think I like watching The Lawrence Welk Show on PBS because it brings back memories of Grandma. She never missed the show if she could help it, there was very little more important then watching that particular show. When I watch the reruns on Channel 10 in Las Vegas, I remember The Stars of The Lawrence Welk Show and I remember Grandma.

The shows episodes Grandma especially liked was the holiday shows. I think the Christmas shows were her favorite. Another thing about the show Grandma like was the singing, Grandma didn't care much for instrumental music, but she love the songs and the vocal arrangements. She also like to watch the dance numbers.

Whenever I watch The Lawrence Welk Show, I remember Grandma sitting on the couch. Grandma always sit in the middle of the couch because she would have a grandchild on each side of her, one in her lap, and one sitting on the floor at her feet.

No comments: