Thursday, August 07, 2008

I Love Modern Technology

Istijlál (Majesty), 7 Kamal (Perfection), 165 B.E. – Thursday, August 7, 2008 about 4:59 AM PDT

I love modern technology, but I should not attempt to dial a phone before I have drink my first cup of coffee in the morning. What event caused this epiphany? I called the pharmacy this morning to refill a prescription. Even though the pharmacy isn't open yet, I can call punch in the prescription number and pick up the prescription tomorrow.

The first time I dialed the pharmacy this morning I dialed the wrong number. Rather then getting the pharmacy, I got a residence. The lady was very nice even though I probably woke her up. Any way I dialed the number before having my first cup of coffee.

Grandma Newland never refilled a prescription over the phone. I remember her taking the bottle to the pharmacy and then picking it up later. She usually took the bottle in on a day she did the grocery shopping or something else. She would take the bottle in, leave it with the pharmacist, do the other errands she had planned, and then pick up the refill. This was her normal method of getting her meds refilled.

I like the way I have Mom's and my prescriptions refilled. The way Las Vegas is laid out it is much easier this way, it takes less gas and since Mom and I go to different pharmacies that are several miles apart and on opposite ends of Charleston Blvd., I can arrange to pick up our prescriptions on different days without any problem. I just have to make sure I count the pills to see how many remain in the bottle. If I call a day or two before the pills run out then I can pick up the meds while we still have a day or two of pills left in the bottle.

As I have said before, modern technology is wonderful and it makes life so much easier

No comments: