Saturday, August 02, 2008

All ways check the water in the radiator

Jalál (Glory), 2 Kamal (Perfection), 165 B.E. – Saturday, August 2, 2008 about 4:05 PM PDT

All ways check the water in the radiator before backing out of the driveway. I haven't been doing that the first thing of a morning. Instead, I get into the car, say a prayer of protection and back out of my driveway. I did that yesterday and the car was on the verge of over heating because the radiator needed water.

When the thermostat gage informs me the car is over heating, then it's too late to check the radiator. The radiator is too hot to open without hurting myself so I have to wait until the next morning. The thermostat gage show the car was getting too hot yesterday when I was driving east on Sahara. That is not a good street to have a car over, there is no shade along most of Sahara.

I put water in the radiator this morning before going to the band and after Mom's meds. I put enough water in to make sure it didn't overheat today, but I don't know if I got enough water in it. I'll have to wait until Sunday and check the radiator again. Fortunately, putting water in the radiator is one of the two things I can do under the hood of my car. The other is to check the oil, which I have to do as well. However, I'm going to have to get a couple of quarts of oil.

The only bottle of fluid I have in my trunk is transmission fluid. I can't add that because I don't have the proper equipment. I suppose I'd better stop at a full service gas station the in the next month or so and have them check the transmission fluid.

No comments: