Thursday, August 28, 2008

I need to simplify my life

Istijlál (Majesty), 9 Asma (Names), 165 B.E. – Thursday, August 28, 2008 about 6:14 PM Pacific Time

I wrote yesterday that I needed a vacation, that I needed to relax. I think part of the problem is that I need to simplify my life. So that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to start by unsubscribing to some yahoo groups. Then I'm going unsubscribe e-mail newsletters that I don't read and clean out my e-mail boxes.

I'm working on a personal mission statement. What I'm doing is completely rewriting the mission statement I wrote in 2007. I thought I had started to rewrite it, but I can't find any rewritten document. The only mission statement I can find is the original, which is no longer inspiring. Therefore, I'm going to just do the entire statement over again.

I know that rewriting a mission statement appears to have nothing to do with unsubscribing to yahoo groups, e-mail newsletters and overstuffed e-mail boxes. However, in an odd sort of way they do relate to each other. They indicate I need to simplify my life and my surroundings. So that is what I'm going to do.

I think I will start with the e-mail boxes and clean out some of the folders I have stuff saved under. Unfortunately, I can't delete a folder that has mail in it, which means I have to delete the mail in the folder before deleting the folder. I will start with the intermind e-mail and then move to the yahoo box. I'm not going to get rid of the yahoo address, I'm just going to unsubscribe from some of the groups I'm not posting to.

No comments: