Monday, August 11, 2008

Counting Sheep Doesn’t Help

Fidál (Grace), 12 Kamal (Perfection), 165 B.E. – Monday, August 11, 2008 about 8:39 PDT

Counting sheep doesn't help. I have to be at work at 6:00 AM on Tuesday, August 12. Normally I would be asleep, but not tonight. I can't sleep. I've tried everything that usually helps me sleep and nothing works. Therefore, I thought I would make a blog entry.

I will work from 6:00 AM to 7:30 PM, I will not be able to leave the polls, so I'm taking my lunch with me. I'm also taking a book to read and something to write on. I have everything ready to go. All I have to do is get up, take my bath, get dressed and leave the house.

The only problem tonight is that I can't sleep. That may be because I know I won't get home tomorrow until after sunset. My daily writing goal is, at least, 2,500 words between sunset of one day and sunset of the next. However, if I don't get home until after sunset, then I won't make the goal. I know it sounds silly not to be able to sleep because of something like that, but I think that's the problem. Therefore, I'll alleviate the problem somewhat by making some blog entries.

My off line journals aren't a problem because I can compose those while I'm waiting for people to come to the polls and vote. However, the online journal entries are a bit of a problem when I don't have access to a computer. So rather then counting sheep to try to get to sleep, I'll write.

My grandmother never counted sheep when she couldn't sleep. Grandma Newland would do housework in the middle of the night. I will write in the middle of the night. but housework is something to be done during the daylight hours.

No comments: