Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Doorbell Ring at Midnight Again

Jalál (Glory), 4 Asma (Names), 165 B.E. – Saturday, August 23, 2008 about 1:03 AM PDT

It happened again, the doorbell ring at midnight and woke me from a sound sleep. The last time it happened was on Friday, July 25, 2008 that was twenty-nine days ago. The post The Doorbell Ring at Midnight is in Poet 999's Thoughts about Writing and Other Stuff.

The doorbell ring three time and woke me from I sound sleep. I got out of bed, went to the front door, looked out and saw no one. I opened the door and looked out, but still saw no one. However, I did hear the neighbor's dog barking. As soon as daylight comes, I will go outside and look around, but I am not going out in the dark.

If I had something to carry with me, such as a baseball bat or a golf club, then I would go out now and check. Since I lack either of those items, I am going to remain in the house until after dawn. Therefore, instead of checking outside, I am making a blog entry, which is the safer of the two alternatives.

I am wide-awake so there is no use me going back to bed. There are certain noises that bring me into full consciousness immediately. One of those is a doorbell ringing in the middle of the night and the other is a crying baby.

It is odd, I the neighbor's dog can bark all night and I can sleep through the noise. A jet fighter can buzz the house and the noise will wake me up, but I go back to sleep almost immediately. However, a doorbell and a crying baby will prevent me from going back to sleep. The crying baby I can understand, it has something to do with maternal instinct. The ringing of a doorbell has me perplexed; I have no idea why I cannot go back to sleep.

No comments: