Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Mother wants to live to be 100

Jamál (Beauty), 5 Asma (Names), 165 B.E. – Sunday, August 24, 2008 about 6:25 AM Pacific Time

My mother, who was born in 1921, wants to live to be 100. So far she is doing a fairly good job of it, especially since the who attended her birth, 87 years ago didn't expect her to live, nor did the doctor who did her the bawl resection last year. Mom is alive and well, she still does her own housework and she writes poems. She doesn't drive a car anymore, but she does practice font seat driving from the passenger side of the car.

My grandparents were in their late 70s or early 80s when they died of cancer. My grandfather, who retired from a zinc smelter and smoked since he was 12 or 13, died of lung cancer. My grandmother of another kind, I can't remember precisely which cancer it she died of.

Mom will be 100 in March 2021 and I will be 74 in December 2020. I know a lot can happen between 2008 and 2020 or 2021, but I am going to look on the positive side. I am going to presume that we will both be in decent health for our ages. After all, medical technology is advancing and we are both is positive moods most of the time.

Right now we are in the process of having dental work done, Mom is going to get a new upper plate and a lower partial. I'm going to have all my teeth pulled and an entire set of dentures put into my mother. The next project is our eyes and hearing, I think the eyes will come first, but I'm not sure right now. I have to make some call Monday and Wednesday of this coming week to get some information on the process of having our eyes and hearing taken care of.

No comments: