Tuesday, August 19, 2008

August and still no Rain to Speak of

Fidál (Grace), 19 Kamal (Perfection), 165 B.E. – Tuesday, August 19, 2008 about 2:39 PDT

It is August in Las Vegas. I remember rain and lightning storms in Las Vegas in August. They occurred in the last century. This year I heard thunder once, but didn't see any lightning. It rained once, just enough to rearrange the dirt on my car. I'm going to have to get the car washed, maybe that will attract some rain.

I need to get the car washed anyway, so attracting rain is just as good a reason as any other. I can't wash the car in my own yard, I'd get a ticket for wasting water. Not that washing a car is a waste of water, but the water that runs into to gutters is wasted. We're in a drought, which is probably why it isn't raining. You can't waste water in a drought.

We've had humidity for the past few days, but I don't see any clouds today. I don't think I'd mind the humidity so much if it would rain. I like rain and I like to watch lightning storms. I like to sit in my living room or lay in bed and watch the lightning. Lightning brings back memories of Oklahoma and my childhood.

The thing I find interesting is that the older I get, the more I think of Blackwell, Oklahoma and my grandparents. My grandparents were the best thing about my childhood. I have bad memories of my childhood, but most of the good memories are attached to my grandparents. I think that is why I like to watch lightning storms because they always bring back good memories of being at my grandparents' house.

No comments: