Sunday, August 03, 2008

Going to Bed with the Chickens

Jamál (Beauty), 3 Kamal (Perfection), 165 B.E. – Sunday, August 3, 2008 about 12:14 AM PDT

I went to bed with the chickens yesterday. No I did not go to sleep in the hen house, even if I did have a chicken coop or hen house I wouldn't have went to bed there. Going to bed with the chickens means going to bed before sunset or around sunset, that's because most chickens roost at sunset. The problem with "going to bed with the chickens" is that you wake up with them as well.

Actually, I went to bed before sunset yesterday, which meant I got up before midnight. I went to bed around 6:30 or 7:00 PM yesterday and got up about 11:55 PM yesterday. After getting myself a nice tall glass of ice water, I turned the computer on. I haven't even made coffee yet; I haven't needed it yet. I'm wide awake.

Yesterday I was extremely tired in the afternoon. I know why I was so tired. I went out in the heat yesterday. We went to the bank, to get Mom's meds and then to Food 4 Less. We came back home, eat and I finished the work I planned. When I realized how weary I was, I fed the cats and went to bed. I said the rest of the prayers I had planned to say and then went to sleep.

When I woke up, at 11:55 PM, I thought I had slept all night. I thought it must be about 3:30 or 4:00 AM. I got up and looked at the clock. It surprised me when I saw the time, but I'm not sleepy or tired anymore, so there isn't any use going back to bed. Since I'm up I'll do some blog entries, check my e-mail and say some prayers.

No comments: