Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Summer in Las Vegas

It's summer in Las Vegas. I have the thermostat set at 79 degrees, which means the central air doesn't come on until the temperature reaches about 86 or 87 degrees. I haven't checked to see when the air comes on, I'm going to have to do that because I may have to set the thermostat slightly lower. I'll have to decide that after I see the next power bill.

The hottest temperatures in Las Vegas are in August. The bill will probably be high in July (which isn't due until August 6) and August (that is due September6). A year or so ago I have due date changed from the third week of the month to the first or second week (depending on when the 6th falls).

The power bill is now due a few days after the largest check hits the bank account. This helps; also, the past few bills have been under $200.00. Since I haven't see the next bill yet, I don't know how much it is, but I suspect it will be higher then the bill due on July 6. Fortunately, we're caught up on the power bill; therefore, I can put that out of my mind for a while and deal with other issues.

No comments: