Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Midweek reflections on Dentures

It's Wednesday, hump day and time for midweek reflections. It's time to look back over the past three days and evaluate the happenings. I could reflect on many things because it's been an eventful week. However, I'm going to reflect on my dentures.

Dentures are necessary because without teeth eating is difficult. In fact, if you don't have teeth you can eat only soft things like milk toast and applesauce. I like both, but not as a study diet, I also like prime rib and French toast.

I'm thankful that I have my dentures. True having all my teeth pulled and the dentures put in was a test. Another test is getting used to the dentures and learning to eat with them. I'm still learning to use the lower dentures. I'm having difficulty eating with the lower plate in my mouth.

I'm going to the dentist Thursday morning at 8:00 AM to for another adjustment on my lower plate. I'm going to learn to eat with the lower dentures. Once the dentures are adjusted to my satisfaction, then I will go to one of the local restaurants and have prime rib.

My grandmother wore dentures and ate almost anything she wanted. True Grandma did peel and slice her apples, but I have to do that myself. If Grandma could learn to use dentures and enjoy her food then I can.

No comments: