Saturday, July 25, 2009

Passing time

Daily Writing Practice Prompt for Monday, July 20, 2009: “Write about passing time.”

I do a lot of this with a telephone line connection to the Internet. I need to get DSL, which is going to happen in the coming month. It's taking too long to download e-mail, it's taking too long to make blog entries, it's just taking too long. I'm a patient person under most circumstances, but my patience is wearing thin. I spent most of the morning writing blog ads and posting them to one of my other blogs. I did only two ads and I'm tired.

I still have another post to make to that blog. I can accept three ads a day, but I have to have at least one regular post between the ads. I'm just too tired at this point to focus on another prompt or writing another ad. I have to pay my next Internet connection bill by August 11, I think I'm going to go to the office and discuss getting DSL.

I could go for a cable modem, but I'd have to change providers. I don't want to change providers, I just want a faster connection. I don't even care about freeing the phone line, I just want a faster connection. I want to be able to download my e-mail without worrying that I'm going to time out before all the messages enter my box.

No comments: