Sunday, July 26, 2009

I saw a nightingale this morning

Jamál (Beauty), 14 Kalimát (Words), 166 BE – Sunday, July 26, 2009 about 8:39 PM Pacific Time

I saw a nightingale this morning. At least, I think it was a nightingale. I know we have nightingales in the neighborhood because I hear them singing. The bird was walking in the sun around the area where I had the pine tree removed month or so ago. I don't know what the bird was looking for, probably something to eat or nesting material.

Who knows what kind of insects are in my yard? I'm more interested in making sure there aren't any six-legged or eight-legged creatures in my house then I'm interested in what type of insects, bugs or whatever is in my yard. We have birds in the neighborhood, so they can deal with creepy crawlers in my yard.

The birds are welcome to any thing the find to eat in my yard. The more insects, bugs or spiders they catch in the yard, the fewer I have to worry about getting into the house. I like having birds in my yard and trees, besides catching insects, bugs, and spiders they sing beautifully. I enjoy hearing birds sing especially nightingales and mourning doves, both of which we have in this neighborhood.

No comments: