Monday, July 13, 2009

Applesauce for Breakfast

My mother can't eat applesauce and we have several cans in our house. Since Mom can't eat it, I'm going to have applesauce for everyday breakfast for the next few weeks. I put the cans in the fridge so they are cold when I eat the contents. I like applesauce, I just don't like to eat it if it isn't cold.

Today I'm just having a can of applesauce. Yes, the entire can of applesauce, which is 3.5 servings. Tomorrow I think I will have the applesauce over my cereal instead of milk. There are several different ways a person can eat applesauce. I'm going to find them all. Perhaps I'll try the applesauce with just milk, that sounds good.

A person is supposed to have a variety of foods. We do have a variety of foods in the house, but I'm the only one that can eat applesauce without a problem. My problem with apples comes with the whole fruit. I have to peel and cut up a whole apple before I can eat it. My grandmother had the same problem; she couldn't eat whole apples without peeling and cutting them into sections.

No comments: