Wednesday, July 08, 2009

I suffer from Psoriasis

‘Idál (Justice), 15 Rahmat (Mercy), 166 BE – Wednesday, July 8, 2009 about 4:21 PM Pacific Time

I suffer from Psoriasis. I am presently dealing with flare-up. The medication I use can only be applied for 14 days at a time. It is applied twice a day to the affected areas. Psoriasis is itchy and painful, I put the itchy first because that is the most difficult for me to deal with during a flare-up.

Today I received a book in the mail called Speaking Clearly: Living well in a world that doesn't understand psoriasis and is put out by Abbott. I forgot about requesting the book, probably because I have been under a lot of stress lately (which encourages psoriasis flare-ups). I am glad the book arrived today because it will help me deal with the disease.

The book has eight chapters
  • Chapter One - family, friends + support
  • Chapter Two - intimate relationships
  • Chapter Three - in public
  • Chapter Four - at work
  • Chapter Five - on the road
  • Chapter Six - look your best
  • Chapter Seven - feeling fantastic
  • Chapter Eight - comfortable in your own skin

I will begin reading the book this evening.

No comments: