Thursday, July 31, 2008

Good-by July

Good-by July and hello August. 2008 is passing fast and this butterfly is learning a lot about herself. She is also learning a lot about humanity. People are intriguing and mysterious. They do odd things and they do wonderful things.

Today, July 31, 2008, has been both stressful and relaxing. It's amazing that a day could be both, but that's how things went. True the day isn't over yet and I still have to drive across town to attend the Feast of Kamal this evening.

One thing I learned about myself today is that I'm as stubborn as my father. I'm not sure just yet whether that is good or bad. However, I suspect it depends on the circumstance. Anyway, I think I'm going to use that trait to achieve some goals.

It's wonderful to realize that a trait, like being stubborn, is more then just a genetic marker. I'm now going to look at the other traits I have and determine their positive aspects.

No comments: