Tuesday, December 03, 2013

I Wonder about the Temperature in Searchlight

Fiḍál (Grace), 11 Qawl (Speech), 170 BE - Tuesday, December 3, 2013 about 5:52 AM Pacific Standard Time

I wonder about the temperature in Searchlight,
is it colder there this morning
then here in Las Vegas.

According to weather.com, the temperature in Las Vegas, on this partly cloudy morning, is 44 degrees, but feels like 39.  After checking the weather in Las Vegas, I checked the temperature in Searchlight and its 42 degrees, but feels like 38. There doesn't seem to be that much difference this morning; however, I haven't moved there yet so I could feel a lot different once I'm living there.

The problem is isolation,
or at least the feeling of isolation.

I know that I have to accept the inevitability of moving to Searchlight, but I'm not looking forward to the experience or the isolation. All my friends are here in Las Vegas, true I can probably make new friends there but I can't find anyone there who is a Baha'i. In Searchlight, I won't be able to attend the nineteen-day Feast or the Holy Days. However, it's probably God's will that I move to Searchlight, so I may as well get used to it. Maybe there are advantages to living there that I haven't discovered.

No comments: