Tuesday, December 24, 2013

At 67 My Birthday Gratitude List

Fiḍál (Grace), 13 Masá’il (Questions), 170 BE - Tuesday, December 24, 2013 about 6:41 am Pacific Standard Time

 Since I am 67 years old today, I decided not to wait until Thursday to post my gratitude list.

Today I am thankful...

  1. ...that, several years ago, I accepted the Revelation of Baha'u'llah. My greatest joy each day is intoning the prayers revealed by Baha'u'llah.
  2. ...that I have family that is worried about my spiritual, material, and physical welfare.
  3. ...that I have an internet connection and provider so that I can access the Baha'i Scriptures online at anytime of the day or night.
  4. ...for coffee and the memories of my Grandpa Newland drinking a cup brings to mind.
  5. ...for the large can of chilli and beans I received when I picked up my monthly food allotment a couple of weeks ago. I can now have chilli and crackers on Christmas day.
  6. ...for the 66 years I was able to have my mother in my life and watch her joy when she read or listened to someone read from the scriptures revealed by Baha'u'llah.
  7. ...that I have a paid membership to writing.com, with a portfolio to hold my poems and stories.
  8. ...that I live in Las Vegas and can go outside to see the snow capped peak of Mount Charleston.
  9. ...that I survived 67 years.
I know that I normally have ten things to be thankful for, but I think that nine things on my birthday is a good list.

No comments: