Sunday, December 22, 2013

Two Days and Counting

Jamál (Beauty), 11 Masá’il (Questions), 170 BE - Sunday, December 24, 2013 about 8:24 am Pacific Standard Time

In two day, on December 24, 2013, I will be 67 years old young. I was born on December 24, 1946 at eleven minutes before midnight. I am the oldest of four children and I have two brothers and one sister. Neither of my  parents are still alive.

I'm not sure whether I'm dreading looking forward to my birthday. I could be looking forward dreading my birthday, which would explain the way I feel this morning. I would like to live to be 100; however, my health problems will influence not only how much longer I live, but how well I live those years.

I'm not sure what I can do about my health at this point in my life. However, I'm going to attempt to do something about them. I have two doctor's appointments scheduled for 2014 and at that time I will find out what I can do. I'm also going to join a gym where I can get more exercise. I will also attempt to change my eating habits. The only other thing I can do is say healing prayers.

Writing this has helped my mood, so I guess I should do a little more writing in 2014 as well. Right now, my daily word could goal is between 1,500 to 2,000 words. I put it at that range because I become frustrated when I don't achieve this goal and frustration leads to stress. I intend to give myself three months to determine if I can meet or exceed the 2,000 words on a regular basis. If I exceed the 2,000 words then I will raise the range on March 21, 2014.

No comments: