Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Midweek Reflections on Coffee and Buttermilk

Idál Justice, 7 Masá’il (Questions), 170 BE - Wednesday, December 18, 2013 about 12:12 pm Pacific Standard Time

I went to the grocery store this morning to purchase some necessary and desired items. I intended to purchase only coffee with my food card, but when I stopped by the dairy section Smiths Food and Drug Store had buttermilk on the top shelf. Since I haven't had buttermilk this year, I decided to purchase a container. I bought the largest container on display because I knew I would pig out on it this week. I always do this when I haven't had buttermilk in over twelve months.

I also bought coffee, so now I don't have to worry about running out of coffee this weekend. I purchase a darker more full flavored coffee this time because I don't use as much of it when I make a fresh carafe. If I buy the lighter coffee I have to use five scoops in the coffee maker basket to get the flavor I want, but with a darker coffee I can use four scoops. If I use fewer scoops then I don't run out of coffee as quickly as using five scoop.

I still have the problem of warming the leftover coffee over in the microwave, but I will solve that problem in the coming year. Right now, the only thing that's important is having hot coffee on cold winter mornings. I'll just deal with the taste of the warmed over coffee, besides if I use only four scoops instead of five when I make fresh coffee the warmed over coffee may not be as bitter or taste as weird.


No comments: