Friday, December 20, 2013

Groceries to put away plus other stuff equals a lot of work on Friday afternoon

Istiqlál (Independence), 9 Masá’il (Questions), 170 BE - Friday, December 20, 2013 about 1:05 pm Pacific Standard Time

I left the house this morning about 8:00 am and drove across town to pick up my December senior food allotment. After picking up the two bags of food, I stopped at the grocery store because I need carrots and an onion to finish the chicken soup I'm making for this weekend. I also purchased some bananas, clam chowder (I don't make this type of soup for myself), a pumpkin pie, and whipped topping. I think I also purchased a can of mushroom soup because I won't make that for myself either.

After leaving the grocery store, I stopped at the gas station (because I knew if I went home before stopping there I wouldn't want to leave the house again). I got home about 9:30 or 10:00 am and put some of the stuff away. I still have more items to put away, but I had to rest after my outing this morning. This is why I prefer to grocery shop when I don't have anything else to do. Walking around in the grocery store tires me out, but it's good exercise.

I still have to cook the carrots, onion, and more potatoes for my chicken soup. I had to was the glass turntable in the microwave because something boiled over yesterday and I couldn't cook anything else in there until I cleaned the turntable. Now that the turntable is clean I'm going to put in the rest of the stuff for the soup. I hope I can have chicken soup sometime tonight; the next time I decide to do this I'm making sure I have all the ingredients before I start making the soup.

1 comment:

Evergreen Spaces said...

Happy Birthday, Neva
from Judy Holly