Thursday, December 19, 2013

Thankful Thursday: December 19, 2013 Gratitude List

Istijlál (Majesty), 8 Masá’il (Questions), 170 BE - Thursday, December 19, 2013 about 12:15 pm Pacific Standard Time

Today I am thankful...

1.  ...for the nine chicken leg quarters I received last Friday from Lutheran Social Service. When I came home last week, the leg quarter were still froze so I put them in the freezer. I took them out of the freezer on Tuesday morning and put them in the refrigerator so that I could cook them when they thawed. They were thawed this morning, so I started cooking them this morning and just finished fixing all nine a few minutes ago. Now I can freeze them in baggies and have chicken the rest for the next three or four days (perhaps longer).

2.  ...for the three green pepper I was able to get last Friday. I am cooking them today so that I can have green pepper and chicken soup this weekend.

3.  ...for the 5 lb. bag of potatoes I receive last Friday, as well. I am going to cook them after the green pepper are done and put some of those in my chicken and green pepper soup.

4.  ...that my EBT card came in the mail earlier this month (I cannot remember the exact date) because I was able to purchase a container of coffee and some buttermilk. As soon as I rest up from being on my feet most of the morning, I will pour me a large glass of buttermilk.

5.  ...that I have an electric skillet because it is easier to cook chicken quarter in a electric skillet then in a microwave.

6.  ...that I have a microwave because I can cook the peppers and the potatoes in the chicken broth before I begin making my soup this afternoon.

7.  ...for the silence in the house because there are no noisy distractions to interrupt my meditation or writing.

8.  ...that I still have some yogurt with cranberry sauce mixed in it because I can have that for my afternoon snack.

9.  ...that I was able to make a fresh carafe of coffee this morning.

10.  ...for the beautiful, partly cloudy and warm winter afternoon in Las Vegas.

No comments: