Sunday, December 29, 2013

Setting Goals for the Coming Year

Jamál (Beauty), 18 Masá’il, 170 BE - Sunday, December 29, 2013 about 11:40 am Pacific Standard Time

The way I set my goals for the New Year is fairly straight forward. I decide on the goals between December 29 to December 31 and then I make the plan for achieving the goals. I reevaluate the goals on or before Naw-Ruz, March21, and then finalize the plans for achieving the goals. When the end of the Gregorian year approaches, I again reevaluate my goals to see if I need to make any changes. At this time I also decide what new goals I want to work on for the coming year.

This year I am making my goals more concrete then in the past. I am also keeping a separate list of things I want to do once I have accomplished my goals consistently or completely. Some of the goals are those that once I accomplish them, I can move on to something else.

Goals for the Coming Year
  • Join Humana's SilverSneakers program and go to the gym once a week. I may change this to twice a week once I have attended for a month.
  • Participate in the 52 week money savings challenge and deposit the money in my savings account at the end of each week.
  • Write 2,000 words a day consistently for 3 months. In this case, I am defining consistent as 6 days out of 7 and if I make it  7 days each week for 3 months then I will raise the word count.
  • Create a group on writing.com called United in Our Grief.
  • Create a website.
Those are the goals I have decided upon for the first quarter of 2014. I will list the other goals I will list the backup goals separately after I have completed the plans for accomplishing these goals.

No comments: