Monday, December 30, 2013

Planning My New Year's Day 2014 Menu

Kamál (Perfection), 19 Masá’il (Questions), 170 BE - Monday, December 30, 2013 about 11:08 am Pacific Standard Time

To say that I'm excited about the beginning of a New Gregorian Year is an understatement, it's also out of character or at least a little weird for me. Normally, I get excited about Naw-Ruz (the New Year I celebrate), but seldom about the New Year that starts on January 1. However, this year is different because it will be 13 months and 3 days after my mother's death and I have the feeling that it will be the beginning of a new phase of my life.

For my New Year's Day lunch I have decided to have a cod fillet, with potato surprise (I'll post the recipe after I finish making it), a can of black eyed peas, and a green salad. I don't think I'll have a desert of any kind, but I may change my mind about that tomorrow. Since I have a pound cake mix in the refrigerator I can make the desert.  I'm also going to make a carafe of fresh ground whole bean coffee made with a kona coffee bean blend.


No comments: