Monday, August 31, 2009

On the last Day of August 2009

Kamál (Perfection), 12 Asmá’ (Names), 166 BE – Monday, August 31, 2009 about 6:41 AM Pacific Time

On the last day of August 2009, I'm remembering Grandma Newland and applesauce. I opened a can of applesauce for breakfast this morning. The applesauce brought my Grandmother to mind because she made her own applesauce.

When Grandma made applesauce, she would peel the apples, core them and then cut them into slices. After preparing the apples in this way, she would put them in a large boiler, add sugar, and cover them with water. I'm sure Grandma added sugar, I also think she add ground cinnamon. I don't remember how much sugar or cinnamon Grandma added.

After the applesauce finished cooking, Grandma would let each of her grandchildren have a small bowl of hot applesauce. I will eat homemade applesauce hot; however, when I open a can of store bought applesauce I want it cold.

No comments: