Saturday, August 22, 2009

It Rained in Las Vegas today

Jalál (Glory), 3 Asmá’ (Names), 166 BE – Saturday, August 22, 2009 5:05 PM Pacific Time

It rained in my Las Vegas neighborhood today, I'm not sure about the rest to the city. I'm not even sure if the rain we received was official. Las Vegas is a huge, spread out city and it can rain in one section of town and not other. If it rains a McCarran air port, where the official rain gage is then the rains is official.

Gray cloud covered sky
promised rain in the morning
an afternoon shower.

I didn't know it rained until I went outside this afternoon to bring the trashcan back from the curb. When I took the can to the curb this morning, the sky was covered with rain clouds. Since sun didn't peek through the clouds, I didn't do laundry today. When I brought the can back to the garage, there were puddles in my driveway and I felt raindrops on my arms.

Raindrops on my arms
Oklahoma memories
gentle summer rain.

No comments: