Monday, August 03, 2009

I am a friend To Earth

I am a friend to…

I am friend to Earth
I recycle everything
I can possibly recycle.

That poem could be about my Grandma Newland. Grandma was good at recycling. Grandma was an expert at recycling. She had a ragbag in which she put worn out cloths and used them as cleaning rags. Grandma threw stuff away that couldn't be used or she couldn't think of a way to reuse.

Grandma grew up on a farm. When she and Grandpa Newland were first married, they lived on a farm. Grandma learned to recycle items when she was growing up. I don't remember Grandma calling it recycling, she just called it reusing.

I recycle, but I don't think I'm as good at it as Grandma. I have a long way to go before I'll be as good at recycling as Grandma and Grandpa, but I'm working on the issue.

No comments: