Thursday, August 06, 2009

We went to a Farmers’ Market this afternoon

Mom and I went to a Farmers' Market this afternoon. Today was cooler so I decided that after I took my prescription to Food 4 Less, we would drive to the Farmers' Market in Henderson. The one we went to is on Boulder Highway where the Old Roadhouse stands.

After not getting out in the afternoon because of the heat, it was a nice outing. Anyway we bought potatoes, asparagus, oranges, and avocados. Tomorrow we'll cook the potatoes, I like fried potatoes and it's been a long time since we fried potatoes. The avocados aren't completely ripe yet, so we won't eat them for a few days. That will give Mom or me a chance to figure out what we want to go with them.

I'm thinking of an avocado sandwich myself, but I may change my mind when they are ripe. There are so many ways to fix an avocado that it's sometimes difficult for me to decide how I want to eat one.

No comments: