Friday, August 21, 2009

Afternoon nap

Istiqlál (Independence), 2 Asmá’ (Names), 166 BE – Friday, August 21, 2009 about 4:30 PM Pacific Time

I took a nap. It wasn't a long nap just about an hour, but I feel refreshed. Before the nap, I was sitting at the computer and I could hardly keep my eyes open. So I turned the computer off, took my teeth out and went to bed. Before I went to sleep, I said prayers.

I'm not sure whether I dreamed or not. I suspect I probably, but I don't remember the dreams. Sometimes, I remember the dreams that accompany my afternoon naps and sometimes I don't. I suppose if I took a nap more often I'd remember my dreams.

I have to go put my teeth in again. When I woke up I came directly to the computer without stopping to put my teeth in my mouth. I always took my teeth out when I lay down for a nap or when I go to sleep at night.

Sometimes I set on the couch or love seat and doze. I don't take my teeth out then because I don't sleep for more then five minutes. However, laying down for an afternoon nap is different because I usually sleep for more then thirty minutes. My afternoon naps usually last about an hour, perhaps a little more. I think today's nap lasted about an hour and a half.

Sleep refreshes the
mind and body like prayer
refreshes the soul.

An afternoon nap
allows my mind to relax
the day goes better.

No comments: