Friday, August 07, 2009

Now I’m sure summer is here

I've know for sometime this would happen. It happens every summer, I don't care how careful we are about turning lights off and using as little electricity as possible. This moment always comes, I've dreaded it for a couple of months now.

Every time the power bill came, I held my breath until I opened it. The earlier bills I felt relieved when I saw them under $200.00, but I knew it wouldn't last. It never last because this is Las Vegas and it's summer. It happened today, the power bill came and I opened it.

I opened the bill, looked at it and was relieved because the expected happened. The power bill was over $300.00, not very much over that, but it was over the dreaded $300.00 mark. This bill is due September 6, so I have some time to figure out how to raise the money.

The odd thing is that I'm not upset. I'm not worried, I'm relieved that it finally happened and I don't have to hold my breath every time I open the power bill. The bill due on September 6 is the July power bill. The August bill won't come until after September 6 and it will be due October 6. I expect it to be over $300.00 as well, but I will deal with that when the time comes.

No comments: