Sunday, March 01, 2015

Spiritual Sunday: A Day of Food, Fun, and Fellowship

Jamal (Beauty), 4 Ayyám-i-Há (The Days of Há), 171 BE - Sunday, March 1, 2015 about 4:03 pm Pacific Standard Time

I spend the morning out talking with friends and eating. I enjoyed the relaxation and the fellowship. We laughed. We ate. We caught up on our life events. I came home, spent some time online, and then I went out with another friend. We laughed. We got food to bring home. I am tired. I have enough food to last me a two or three days. This is good because I am going to attempt to stop snacking.

My goal for the next nineteen days is to cut down on the snacks. This means that instead of spreading my meals over the day I have to sit down, consume the main course, and then have my desert then. I cannot eat between meals. This will be a bit difficult because I am used to snacking whenever I feel that I am hunger. I can have water or coffee between meals, but any other liquids such as juice, hot tea, or soda I have to have with my meal.

I should be able to give up the snacks for nineteen days without any difficulty, but I could be wrong. As I wrote, I am used to snacking. I usually do most of my between meal eating when I am at the computer. When I feel like I want a snack I will have to either ignore the feel or find something to distract me. I know that one thing I can do iw get up from the computer and do housework. I can also take a walk outside or pick up my prayer book and read a prayer.
 

No comments: