Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Midweek Reflections: Holiday, Holy Days, Days of Celebration, Days of Commemoration, etc.

Idal (Justice), 17 ‘Alá (Loftiness), 171 BE - Wednesday, March 18, 2015 about 8:36 am Pacific Daylight Time

The Vernal Equinox in the Northern Hemisphere occurs at 3:45 pm Pacific Daylight Time on Friday, March 20.
Naw-Ruz, the first day of the Baha'i year of B.E., begins at sunset on Friday, March 20. and ends at sunset on Saturday, March 21.
The Twelve Days of Ridvan began at sunset on Monday, April 20, and end at sunset on Saturday, May 2.
Good Friday, occurs on Friday, April 3.
Easter occurs on Sunday, April 5,
Earth Day occurs on Wednesday, April 22.

I am sure there are other interesting celebrations occurring between Thursday, March 19, and Sunday, May 3, but these are the only ones that interest me at this time. The holiday and holy days I will celebrate are Naw-Ruz and the Twelve Days of Ridvan. On the other days, I will write a blog entry about some aspect of them. The entry may concern a memory form childhood, an observation of the way someone celebrates the day, or I may write a poem and/or story about that specific day. This morning I am not sure about the approach I will take in any of those blog entries. Nor have I decided to which blog I will post the entry. The only thing I am sure about is that I will post an entry about the day or the celebration.

No comments: