Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Midweek Reflections: On the three signs of old age

Idal (Justice), 3 ‘Alá (Loftiness), 171 BE - Wednesday, March 4, 2015 about 4:39 pm Pacific Standard Time

An Old Joke

What are the three signs of old age?
Lose of sight,
Lose of hearing,
And I can't remember the other one.
Author Unknown

OK, that joke may only be funny to those of us who have recently encountered a Senior Moment. My latest encounter with this phenomena was today when wrote a poem for a contest on writing.com. I thought I remembered the rules unfortunately I forgot the one about the rhyming poetry only. I can and will write another poem for the contest.

The poem I wrote today is called Under the Snow. It is about the coming of spring. I am not sure what the rhyming poem will be about. I could write one about spring. I could write on about the Senior Moment phenomena. I could write one about ear plug. I could write a poem about music pounding through the walls of my apartment, which is why I want ear plugs.

The contest ends on March 28 or March 31 (I have to check the closing date). I want to write the poem before March 16. The music is still pounding through the walls. The words are... words I do not use. They are distracting and upsetting. However, that is another post. As soon as I get the ear plugs I will write about the music I hear every day that I do not have ear plugs.

No comments: