Sunday, March 15, 2015

Spiritual Sunday: The Ides of March

Jamal (Beauty), 14 Alá (Loftiness), 171 BE - Sunday, March 15, 2015 about 11:45 am Pacific Daylight Time

The ides of March,
the middle of March,
the days have passed slowly,
but the month passage of the month
was swift.

I listen to the Unity Prayer which was revealed by Baha'u'llah. Then I listen to spiritual music, gospel music, from the Baha'i Faith. I smile as I listen to the music, to the prayers, and the scriptures set to music.

On the Ides of March,
I contemplate the way that music,
especially spiritual
or devotional
music fills the spaces in my life,
my soul,
and my memory.

I listen to people singing, worshiping, and intoning the scriptures. As I listen to music and the scriptures my mood lightens and I realize the reason that angels can fly. It is the music of faith that provide the wind for angels to ascend and fly between heaven and earth.

It is the Ides of March,
the third month of 2015
is half over
I discover that happiness
and tears are companions
in this nether world of matter.

I cry. I listen. I pray. I reflect. I laugh. I smile. My soul is being washed of the dark dross that hides the reflected light of God's Glory. I have worries, but I have to place those in the hands of God because there are a great many problems in my life that I cannot solve without the help of God and His Glory.

No comments: