Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Tuesday's Topic: Happy St. Patrick's Day

Fiḍal (Grace), 16 ‘Alá (Loftiness), 171 BE - Tuesday, March 17, 2015 about 1:12 pm Pacific Daylight Time

Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone whether you are Irish or not. I am of Irish descent. I am of Scottish descent. I am of English descent. I am of German descent. According to family rumors, which I heard when I was a child, there is even Native American in the family line. What do these family lines mean? They mean that I had some very brave and intriguing ancestors.

My ancestors came to America to find something. Perhaps it was freedom, a better standard of living, or adventure. I do not know much about my family history. In fact the only thing I have is a story that my Grandma Darbe (my father's mother) told. She said that four brothers came to America from Ireland. When they arrived at Ellis Island each brother spelled his last name differently.

No comments: