Sunday, March 22, 2015

Spiritual Sunday: Sunday Morning in Las Vegas

Jamal (Beauty), 2 Bahá (Splendour), 172 BE - Sunday, March 22, 2015 about 10:02 am Pacific Daylight Time

A bird intoning
Gratitude and thanksgiving
For another day of life

It is Sunday morning here in Las Vegas. I have recited my morning prayers. I have finished my breakfast, but have not finished off the carafe of coffee. I also responded to a blog prompt from one of the writing.com blog groups. I plan on attending a spiritual service at the Baha'i Center this afternoon. Right now I am sitting at my computer listening to a bird sing, sipping a cup of hot coffee, and trying to decide if it is worth taking the trash to the alley just to see if the tire on my car is flat. Fortunately, a friend is picking me up and taking me to the spiritual service this afternoon.

Sunday decisions
are easier when sipping
a hot cup of joe.

My sinuses are clogged this morning, but I am not closing the door. It is too nice a day to have the door closed. It is too nice a day to worry about whether of not my tire is flat. It is too nice a day It is too nice a day to do anything except read the scriptures, compose poetry, and socialize. I will deal with the car and the tire on Monday morning when I to focus on mundane things like tires, trash, and going to the grocery store or dealing with other business matters.

On Sunday morning
my neighborhood moves slowly
the birds are singing.

No comments: