Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Tuesday's Topic: Day Light Savings Time

Fiḍal (Grace), 2 ‘Alá (Loftiness), 171 BE - Tuesday, March 3, 2015 about 12:20 pm Pacific Standard Time

It is that time of year again when the clock jump ahead one hour and I spends the next seven days in a haze. It takes a little while for the human body and mind to get used to the new clock settings. In spring, my mind thinks that it should be earlier then the clock says. For about a week the both my mind and body make it make getting up at 4:00 am difficult when they think its 3:00 am. I have to get up early to take medication at least one hour before I eat my first breakfast.

My first breakfast usually consist of fruit or something light to go with my coffee. After that I can do housework, go online, or leave the house. There was a time, when I was much younger, that I could go without eating before leaving the house, but not any more. I have to have something, even if it is only a can of fruit or bowl of cereal before going out. The more I plan on doing while I am out of the house the bigger breakfast I have to eat.

Daylight savings time begins at 2:00 am on Sunday, March 8. and it ends at 2:00 am on Sunday, November 1. In November it will take me another seven days t o get used to the time change. I wonder if anyone has ever did a study on the effect of daylight savings time on the brain or body. If not, I think they should because I am sure that would be an interesting study and a good thing to know.

No comments: