Monday, April 01, 2013

Insomnia on April Fools Day

Kamál (Perfection), 12 Bahá (Splendor), 170 BE - Monday, April 1, 2013 about 1:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time

It is after midnight on Monday, April 1, 2013 and I cannot sleep. I have insomnia on April Fools Day. For the past two or three hours I have attempted to sleep without any luck. Since I cannot sleep, I may as well bet sitting at the computer, at least here I can accomplish something even if it is only a blog entry.

For two hours I have listened to the wind blow. I heard something rattling on the cement outside my house, so I got up and looked out the door. The wind was blowing an aluminum can across my driveway. I think it was a can, but it could have been some other piece of trash. I did not go outside to see what it was, all I saw was something white blowing across my driveway.

After I decided the aluminum can noise was not something dangerous, I went back to bed and attempted to go to sleep. No luck. I am awake. I cannot go back to sleep. Therefore, I have to do something else to fill the time. I could do dishes. I could do laundry. I could read. I could sit on the couch and watch television. Since I have a writing deadline approaching, I will post this blog entry and then work on the poem I need to finish by April 3.

No comments: