Sunday, April 21, 2013

The First Day of Ridvan

Jamál (Beauty), 13 Jalál (Glory), 170 BE - Sunday, April 21, 2013 about 9:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time

It is April 21, the First Day of Ridvan. It is a Holy Day celebrating the Declaration of Bahá’u’lláh. The celebration begin on the evening of Saturday, April 20, at the Baha'i Center. I attended the celebration last night and was so excited that I could not sleep after I returned home. I finally got to sleep sometime this morning and then the alarm woke me up at 4:00 AM so that I could take my thyroid medication.

I turned the alarm off, took my medication, and went back to sleep, but I got up again about 6:00 AM. That time I got up permanently because there was no use going back to sleep. After I got up, I checked the chicken in the refrigerator to see it it was thawed so that I could cook a couple of pieces. I have the leg and thy sections cooking now.

There is something going on at the Baha'i Center this afternoon. I think I will attend, I missed going to Holy Day celebrations and the nineteen-day feast while I was taking care of Mom. I can begin going back to those things now. I know I have a lot of stuff to do here at the house; however, take a break for spiritual matters will energize me to get more accomplished at home.

No comments: