Friday, April 26, 2013

Coffee Under Ordinary Conditions

Istiqlál (Independence), 18 Jalál (Glory), 170 BE - About 2:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time

A few months ago, one of my doctors ask "How much coffee do you drink a day?" I gave him my standard answer to this question "Under ordinary condition three cups." This is true, I make a full 12-cup carafe of coffee, but normally I only drink three cup that day. The next day I warm up the leftover coffee in the Microwave and drink three more cups. This way I only have to make fresh coffee once or twice a week.

The doctor did not ask me to define ordinary conditions, which is just as well. The reason, is that sometimes I drink four or five cups and, under rare conditions, the entire 12-cup carafe. Today is one of those rare conditions because I have already drank six cups and I will no doubt drink the other three cups before the day is over.

The reason for this over consumption of coffee is simple. I ran out of coffee last week and did not have to money to purchase more. This situation occurs every time I run out of coffee and am unable to purchase it for a week. I have decided the best way to prevent this situation is to purchase coffee on the third or fourth of every month whether I need it or not. That way I have a couple of containers stocked up in case I run short of cash.

No comments: