Saturday, April 06, 2013

Recyclable Saturday: Learning to accept my physical limitation

Jalál (Glory), 17 Bahá (Splendor), 170 BE - Saturday, April 6, 2013 about 2:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time

This is recyclable day in my neighborhood. This morning I carried three recyclable bins to the curb. Because I missed taking the recyclables out two weeks ago, I had two containers of newspapers. Those were the heaviest and after I finished lugging them to to curb the osteoarthritis in my knees began acting up. I ignored the pain and carried the recyclable bin containing cans and plastic items.

After I came back into the house, I had to fix something to eat so that I could take a pain pill. I take prescription pain medication and I cannot take the tablets without eating. The pain has subsided, but I am stiff and it is difficult to walk. I think I had better start accepting my physical limitations, but I do not want to give up recycling. I take out the recyclables again in two weeks, but I will not have as many newspapers.

No comments: