Friday, April 12, 2013

Thoughts about my Medication

Istiqlál (Independence), 4 Jalál (Glory), 170 BE - Friday, April 12, 2013 about 8:45 AM Pacific Daylight Time

I found two empty pillboxes today, one is clear so that I can see the tablets I put in and the other is white and I have to open each compartment to see what medication I put inside. The clear box I use for my morning medication and the other I use for my evening prescriptions. My doctor also wants me to take some vitamins or rather minerals for my knees, I believe I need another pillbox for those.

It is easier to remember to take my medication if I have them in pillboxes rather then the prescription bottles. If the tablets are in the daily compartments in the pillboxes then I can look to make sure I took that day's prescription. If I leave all the pills in the bottles then sometimes I forget to take the pills at the proper time or I think I took a pill when I forgot.

I found two of Mom's pillboxes, so I do not have to buy new ones for my vitamins or minerals. I washed the two that belonged to Mom out and when they dry I will put the vitamins and minerals in them. That way, I can carry them with me in my purse so that I can take them if I eat out. If I do not eat out, then I can put the pillboxes close to where I eat and I can remember to take them with my meal.

No comments: