Friday, April 19, 2013

Positive or Negative Friday

Istiqlál (Independence), 11 Jalál (Glory), 170 BE - Friday, April 19, 2013 about 7:52 AM Pacific Daylight Time

It's Friday morning and I'm attempting to keep the positive attitude I had when I woke up. The blues hit me suddenly like someone lowering a shade in a room. I don't think there is any reason for me to be depressed today. Thursday was a good day, it was a productive day.

On Thursday I completed a 500 plus essay and a 1000 plus short story. I submitted both items before the 8:59 PM Pacific Time Deadline. I picked up my April senior food allotment and received a wonderful surprise. I was given a frozen cut up whole chicken, the chicken remained frozen on the drive home, and I was able to put it in my freezer. I also picked up a free loaf of day old bread, so I can have grilled cheese sandwiches or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches this weekend.

I suppose there are some negatives, I ran out of coffee yesterday, but I still have a lot of tea bags in the house. I enjoy tea, perhaps not as much as coffee, but it will do in a pinch. I could be a bit depressed at the thought of not having coffee; however, I haven't been without it even twenty-four hours. I don't think lack of caffeine is the reason for my slight depression.

I'm not going to worry about the reason now because the depression has passed. My depression always passes when I sit down to write about it. I think it is the positive activity of writing and helps lighten my mind.

No comments: