Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Mother’s upcoming Outpatient surgery

Fidál (Grace), 11 Bahá (Splendor), 166 BE – Tuesday, March 31, 2009 about 1:14 PM Pacific Time

April is looking like a very busy month for my mother and myself. On April 1, we have an appointment about 12:00 with a veterinarian. On April 30, my mother has outpatient surgery scheduled. Mom has a blocked tear duct in her left eye that needs unblocking, so she is having the surgery on the last day of April.

Mom had a cataract in her right eye taken care of the the first week of March. In fact, she has an appointment to see the doctor for a follow-up on that next Monday. Then I work the primary elections polls on Tuesday. All so, April 15 is tax deadline day and I'm not at all sure what I'm going to do.

I've tried doing my taxes myself for the past couple of years, but this year I'm just going to go up the IRS office and talk to them. I know that I'll have to wait in line for a while, but that all right. I've waited in line so much lately that I've started carrying a puzzle book with me as well as my pen and paper journal.

I do Sudoku puzzles, I find them both relaxing and challenging at the same time. I bought a Sudoku puzzle book last week. I won't buy another book until I've filled out all the puzzles in this one. I'm not sure how long it will take me, not vary long if I have to wait for a long time.

I also carry a reading book with me so that I have more then one thing to do if I have to wait a long time. Perhaps that's why my purse is so heavy. If I carried fewer books in it wouldn't weigh very much at all.

No comments: