Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Happy Poetry Writing Month

‘Idál (Justice), 12 Bahá (Splendor), 166 BE – Wednesday, April 1, 2009 about 8:55 AM Pacific Time

This is April Fools' Day a day of fun, foolishness, and fools errands, which is what many call writing poetry. I believe writing poetry good idea and since April is Poetry Writing Month I'm going to make this entry about poetry instead of fools. True a poem can be about foolish things, looking like a fool or even the emotions that make fools out of everybody. However, writing poetry itself is not foolish.

Poetry expresses emotions such a love or passion. I write bitter love poems myself, which is why I normally do not post love poems on this blog. I also write spiritual poems, fantasy and science fiction poems, as well as other forms of poems.

National Poetry Writing month is devoted to the joys and frustrations of writing poetry. Any action that is worth doing and helps in the transformation of the human soul includes frustration. Writing poetry assist in the spiritual transformation of the individual by helping a person express emotions.

No comments: