Thursday, March 05, 2009

Spring Cleaning Time Again

Istijlál (Majesty), 4 ‘Alá (Loftiness), 165 BE – Thursday, March 5, 2009 about 1:08 PM Pacific Time

It's spring cleaning time again and I'm going to be up all night cleaning house. I've accepted the fact that this is the only way to do it. Mom wants to see me work at the computer while she cleans house. My mother is 87 so she should have want she wants, it's just that at 87 she isn't as fast as when she was 78. Therefore, I'm going to do the stuff at night, which she can't get to during the day.

The first day of spring is either March 20 or 21, I'm not exactly sure when the sun crosses the vernal equinox this year. Anyway, the first day of spring is about two weeks away and I would like to have most of the spring-cleaning accomplished by March 21. Therefore, tonight I'm going to start with the living room, actually half of the living room. Our living room is big enough to pass a two room.

When Mom goes to bed, I'm going to start with the section where the couch and the love seat are and then move from there. I'm hoping to get a good part of it done tonight. I'm attempting to keep a positive attitude in all this. I suppose I could hire a maid, but Mom is against it and I can't afford a maid during the day, much less what a service would charge at night.

My grandmother did housework at night. When Grandma couldn't sleep she would get up and do housework. Doing housework at night is in my genetic code. The only reason Mom doesn't do house work at night is that she can't see very well and the light bulbs we use are the long lasting one, they don't give off a lot of light.

I'm planning on posting every day to each of my blogs. I'm not sure how that will work because I usually over extend myself when I set goals like this, but I'm going to make an attempt anyway. After all, how can I know my limits unless I attempt to go beyond them?

No comments: