Sunday, March 08, 2009

A Daylight Savings Time Tradition

Jamál (Beauty), 7 ‘Alá (Loftiness), 165 BE – Sunday, March 8, 2009 about 3:30 PM Pacific Time

Some people have New Year's traditions, some have Christmas traditions, some have Thanksgiving traditions, but I have a Daylight Savings Time tradition. I never set my clock ahead in the spring before going to bed on Saturday night. I never get up at 2:00 AM to set my clock ahead; instead I wait until I get up on Sunday to set my clock ahead.

Springing the clock forward isn't difficult. I have only one clock I have to reset. The computer automatically adjusts itself (I want a self-adjusting clock). I still have to set my clock ahead today, but I have a good excuse for waiting so late in the day to do it.

I'm moving my clock from the living room into my bedroom and I don't want to reset the clock twice. I can't hear the alarm clock if it's in the living room, so I have to move it to the bedroom so that I can hear the radio alarm go off. Right now, the radio is set to a talk station. However, I think I will eventually change that. I'm not sure just yet what station I want the alarm set to.

I'm considering changing the alarm to a music station, but I don't know which music station. Talk stations don't do much to wake me up, unless it's set to a station with an early morning shock jock. The voice of the talk show host or the message has to be irritating enough to wake me up and get me moving otherwise I just turn the radio off and go back to sleep.

Music that has a good beat like rock or jazz wakes me up and gets me moving. Neither easy listening nor religious music does much to wake me up. The music I listen to has to get me out of bed and get me moving. I'm going to have to try several stations before I find one that does the job.

No comments: